WaterLase iPlus Philadelphia, PA
The Waterlase iPlus™ can treat numerous dental issues, often better than traditional equipment. Due to its gentle nature, it is perfect for anxious patients.
Waterlase iPlus dental procedures are available from Presidential Dental in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. We use this system to treat a wide range of dental issues. In many cases, it helps us to provide better care than is possible with traditional equipment.
If you have a dental issue that needs to be addressed, do not wait to schedule an appointment. We will discuss all options with you, including whether the Waterlase iPlus can help with your dental needs. Call (215) 770-6489 today to learn more.
The Right Candidate for Waterlase iPlus
A Waterlase iPlus can be used on soft tissue, teeth, bones, crowns, and veneers. As such, a broad range of customers can benefit from being treated with the device. According to WebMD, laser dentistry is most likely to be used on patients with the following issues:
- Gum disease
- Oral lesions
- Tooth decay
- Tooth staining
Dentists sometimes choose the Waterlase iPlus because it offers a more comfortable patient experience compared to traditional tools. Some patients feel nervous around needles, drills, and scalpels. The quieter and less invasive nature of laser dentistry can help ease anxiety.
Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus. However, some circumstances may prevent a local procedure or may be better treated with traditional tools. The dentist will determine which method of treatment is likely to be successful.
“Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus.”
What To Expect During the Process
Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used. However, lasers produce less noise, can be used for multiple functions, and sterilize the area as they go. Therefore, the procedures can often be completed more quickly.
Many procedures can be completed within a single appointment. Others, especially cosmetic or complex procedures, may require multiple sessions. However, this is roughly in line with the same treatments provided with traditional tools.
“Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used.”
Benefits of Waterlase iPlus
The Waterlase iPlus can enhance a range of dental treatments. Presidential Dental will discuss when laser dentistry is beneficial. These are some advantages of laser-based dentistry over traditional tools, according to Healthline:
- Highly Precise: The laser beam's compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools. This means that there is less damage to the surrounding tissue. Additionally, procedures are often quicker.
- Fast Healing: There is less damage, less bleeding, and a reduced need for sutures. This translates to wounds that heal more quickly.
- More Sterile: Lasers inherently sterilize the area while in use. This cuts the chance of infections. It can also simplify procedures.
“The laser beam’s compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: WaterLase iPlus in Philadelphia, PA
What to Expect During the Recovery Process
In most cases, the recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools. For example, patients may experience numbness for about a day after the procedure. After that, there may be some local tenderness or pain.
Any discomfort or pain can usually be treated with over-the-counter painkillers. However, Presidential Dental will provide in-depth information about recovery and pain management. A prescription may be necessary.
As with all dental procedures, good hygiene during the recovery period is important. Patients must also be careful to protect the area, especially if sutures were necessary. A follow-up appointment may be required to remove sutures, depending on the type used.
“The recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools.”
Comparison to Other Forms of Laser Dentistry
The Waterlase iPlus is an all-tissue dental laser. Many other lasers are designed only for soft tissue or hard tissue. Therefore, the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.
It has been cleared for more than 80 different dental conditions. The functionality includes a unique REPAIR™ protocol. This can allow dentists more options when treating common dental issues.
Biolase, the manufacturer of the Waterlase iPlus, is a recognized leader in dental lasers. They designed the Waterlase iPlus based on experience and feedback to offer more options and greater patient comfort -- making it a good choice for patients interested in laser dentistry.
“…the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Q. Are there added risks with laser dentistry?
A. No, the risks for laser dentistry are relatively small. They are roughly equivalent to those of traditional tools. In some cases, the risk of infection is reduced when using a laser.
Q. Can I request laser dentistry for any procedure?
A. Presidential Dental only recommends laser dentistry when appropriate. Consult with one of our team members to determine if laser dentistry is an option for a specific treatment.
Q. Are there any patients that should not receive Waterlase iPlus treatment?
A. According to Biolase, all clinical procedures with the Waterlase iPlus should be subject to the same clinical judgment as traditional techniques. Some patients may not be able to receive a local procedure. Presidential Dental will determine the best course of action for your unique situation.
Q. Can anyone provide laser dentistry?
A. Laser dentistry is becoming an increasingly popular treatment option. However, only dental professionals who are qualified for laser dentistry should provide such procedures.
Q. How much does dental treatment with Waterlase iPlus cost?
A. Typically, dental insurance covers procedures based on the treatment, not the technique. Therefore, treatment with the Waterlase iPlus will often be covered equal to traditional tools. Speak to your insurance representative to learn more.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- BIOLASE is a company that specializes in developing, manufacturing and marketing numerous forms of medical lasers for dentistry.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Early Peri-Implantitis
- Early peri-Implantitis is a condition in which the tissue around a dental implant becomes inflamed and causes marginal bone loss in the patient’s mouth.
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry
- Also known as microdentistry, minimally invasive dentistry is to conserve as much of the healthy tooth structure with a focus on prevention and restoration.
- Subgingival Calculus
- Subgingival calculus is hardened dental plaque that forms under the gum line and can lead to infection or other diseases.
Learn More About Waterlase iPlus Today
Interested in laser dentistry? We at Presidential Dental can answer all your questions. Call 215-770-6489 today to schedule an appointment and see if the Waterlase iPlus is right for you.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business and website security
- Presidential Dental was established in 2009.
- We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Care Credit, and Sunbit
- We serve patients from the following counties: Philadelphia County and Montgomery County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Philadelphia, Bala Cynwyd, Ardmore, Wynnewood, Narberth, Merion Station, Penn Wynne, Manayunk, Penn Valley, and East Falls
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
All-on-4® implants are gaining popularity as a quick and easy solution to tooth loss. This procedure is less invasive than traditional dentures or bridges, but does it look natural? This blog post will discuss the challenges of these dental devices and how they compare to other tooth-replacement methods. This type of implant consists of four…
A complete smile makeover can restore self-confidence and a healthy grin in those who have missing or damaged teeth. Dental implants, braces and dentures can replace gaps in a smile or straighten crooked teeth in people of almost any age. However, before patients take steps to restore their smiles, it can be important to understand…
General dentistry services refers to the routine dental and oral care provided to patients of all ages. This type of care is necessary in order to help patients maintain good oral health, which can then translate to good overall health. One of the main parts of general dentistry is regular check-up appointments, which include cleanings,…
Looking for root canal information? Understanding the root canal process is necessary for those who are in need of root canal therapy to improve their oral health. Part of the process is choosing a restoration option to protect the treated tooth from further damage, as lost teeth need to be replaced. Ready to find out…